|Getting to Know Me
||[Apr. 23rd, 2008|12:51 pm]
Apparently my hubby posted a list of questions, so here it goes.
1. What is your occupation? Wife, Mother, Writer
2. What color are your socks right now? I hate socks. I wear them when I have to.
3. What are you listening to right now? The cat scratching at the window wanting in.
4. What was the last thing that you ate? Cottage cheese and pineapple.
5. Can you drive a manual car? Yes
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Electric Blue Right now? Orange Crush
7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? My husband
8. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Copied it off CJ's blog, so yes :)
9. How old are you today? 43
10. Favorite drink? Coke first thing in the morning
11. What is your favorite sport to watch? Bass Fishing
12. Have you ever dyed your hair? Yes, but only a lighter blonde than natural shade. I've
wanted to experiment, but know it will look bad, so don't. I went through a manic phase
when I wanted to die it pink. Luckily, my hubby held me down.
Yoda the orange tabby. He's eleven now. He's toothless, so we have to feed him
wet food. He's senile and forgets he's been fed five minutes after we feed him. He's
cantankerous most of the time, lovable some of the time. Even toothless, he can still
catch and kill rodents, which he enjoys bringing in and leaving in my bedroom floor.
Luna the black lab mix. She's nine, I think. Her face is almost all white and she's
getting cataracts. She has really bad arthritis in her lower back, but the spring
whether has made her feel frisky. She loves milk bones and she doesn't bark, but bays.
Coffee II the hamster. He's quite adorable, but now that he's going on two, he's slowed
down some. They don't live but two or three years and I'm dreading the day when he dies
because my 8 year old still cries over the demise of Coffee I.
Hammy the hamster. She's very very cute and quite the acrobat. I actually got her free
cage and all from PetCo. A little girl brought her back when she got a cat for a pet.
She now belongs to my 11 yo. She loves people and begs to be let out. She also loves
her hamster ball and runs all over the house in it.
Magic the betta fish. When I brought him home from Wal-mart (rescue), he was so
depressed. In less than an inch of water, he dropped and hardly moved. I bought a
lit one gallon tank with a filter, but in some dark blue rocks to match his color
and some nice green plants. He's so happy and vibrant now. When its feeding time
he does this lovely dance for me. And when he eats, he's like a shark. He dark-blue
with electric blue and a little blood red.
14. Favorite food?
Anything without onions, but I especially love sushi. Really, though, it varies as
to my mood.
15. Last movie you watched? Krull. Did you know that Liam Neeson is in it as one of the
16. Favorite Day of the year? Any day I get presents. :)
17. What do you do to vent anger? Yell at the people who pissed me off. Talk to myself.
Walk. I don't stay mad long and I don't hold grudges...unless it is someone who
intentionally hurts me. Then its on.
18. What was your favorite toy as a child? Rick Baker Monster Makeup Kit
19. What is your favorite season? Spring and Summer
20. Hugs or kisses? Hugs for friends, Kisses from my hubby.
21. Cherry or Blueberry? Blueberry. I can't stand cherry. Reminds me of medicine.
22. Do you want your friends to post this? Fine with me.
23. Who is most likely to respond? Don
24. Who is least likely to respond? Karen
26. When was the last time you cried? Last week, I think. Bad flare up from the fibro.
27. What is on the floor of your wardrobe/closet? Some shoes, a box, a small suitcase.
28. Who is the friend you have had the longest that you are sending this to? Webrat.
29. Who is the friend you have had the shortest that you are sending this to? Not sure.
30. Favorite smells? Honeysuckle, Sandalwood, Lavendar, and Gardenia
31. Who inspires you? Satan. Just kidding. :) Anyone who isn't afraid to be themselves and
to tell the truth as they see it.
32. What are you afraid of? Since I've been living with fibro the past nine years, nothing
much. I think going blind would be horrid. Being buried alive is up there, along with spiders, and large flying insects. I'm afraid of mirrors at night, but no longer have to cover them. I'm sometimes afraid of open closet doors at night, but no longer have to close them. I'm afraid that someone in my past will escape and find me. I'm afraid that something
could happen to one of my kids. I'm afraid of my husband dying. I'm afraid that we are
going to go into an economic depression. I'm afraid that we're going to run out of air, or food, or water. I'm afraid that I'll never finish my novel. I'm afraid that I'll wake up
and this will all have been a weird, beautiful dream. I'm afraid that I will lose control and
do something weird enough that I get locked up. There's more, but this is enough for now.
33. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? cheese with bacon
34. Favorite car? Anything that runs, but if I could, an old retro Subaru wagon.
35. Favorite cat breed? Maine Coon
36. Number of keys on your key ring? Four
37. How many years at your current job? 13?
38. Favorite day of the week? Saturday
39. How many counties have you lived in? Counties? Was this supposed to be countries? Counties, four, I think. Only one country, though I'm ready to go anytime.
40. Do you think you're funny? I'm a riot. Just ask my husband. :)